Thursday, January 27, 2011

Guerilla Marketing

Guerilla marketing. One of the most unconventional ways to get the consumer to stop and actually look at your message. To me, it is the most powerful way to hit a consumer right between the eyes. It is interactive and keeps the consumer engaged longer.

I haven't experienced any guerilla marketing myself, but I have found a number of examples that makes me think, "why didn't I think of that?"

Mall floor decal for Frontline Flea & Tick Spray
This is an amazing idea! They use the average consumer as a tool to animate their advertisement and allows the consumer the participate and interact with the brand. The only downside is that you have to be on a higher level to appreciate it.

Guerilla technique for the hit TV show The Sopranos

If this isn't a good way to get someone's attention in New York City then I don't know what is. This morbid image will strike anyone right away. It could offend someone easily but it really works with the show it's promoting. I love how at first you don't realize it's an advertisement until the arm leads you to the bumper sticker explaining its purpose.


McDonald's gets a huge standing-O from me. This is pure genius. What a good way to use already standing city structures to your advantage. This larger than life guerilla marketing tactic catches the eye of anyone walking by. Even the lady in the shot is amazed. I just love how the coffee pot is floating in midair. It's a fantastic illusion that kind of makes you think, "how'd they get that up there?"

Here are some other examples that I found:


"Reserved for Drunk Drivers"
Ugly Betty Mall Poster

Yellow Pages Darts
"Free Air Guitar" 95.7 Rock Radio

1 comment: